It is ideal to have 100 g of dates every day to get all the essential nutrients. Though the quantity to be consumed may differ from person to person based on underlying health conditions and calorie needs . You may refer to a nutritionist to know how many dates you need to eat every day. A 100 g serving of dates on average contains:
- Calories: 314 kcal
- Protein: 2.14 gram
- Fat: 0.38 grams
- Carbohydrates: 80.6 grams
- Fiber: 6.7 grams
- Sugar: 66 grams
Apart from minerals and vitamins, dates are the best source of antioxidants. Also they are rich in a trace mineral called selenium that may decrease the risk of bladder cancer and prostate cancer.
What are the health benefits of having dates every day?
Substituting your evening snacks with dates has numerous advantages because it is loaded with dietary fibers and packed with vitamins and minerals. Some health benefits of dates include:
- Low glycemic index: As dates are high in fructose, the dates are naturally sweet. Dates have a low glycemic index; hence, it relatively has a mild impact on blood sugar level. Foods with a low glycemic index cause less increase in blood sugar levels. So they are suitable for patients with diabetes.
- Lowers the risk of heart disease: Dates are high in dietary fibers, which helps to reduce low-density lipoproteins (LDL) cholesterol or bad cholesterol. Dietary fibers tend to bind with cholesterol and prevent its absorption into the bloodstream. So, the fatty deposition in the arteries is prevented, reducing the risk of heart diseases.
- Healthy digestion:Because of high soluble and insoluble fiber content, dates are ideal for healthy digestion. Dates may prevent:
- Inflammation of the digestive tract
- Nervous system support: As dates have high potassium content, they have played a vital role in controlling:
- Heart rate
- Breathing function
- Muscular function
- Improved metabolism: Dates are rich in B vitamins, such as:
- Pantothenic acid
- These vitamins improve the metabolic processes, thus reducing tiredness and fatigue.
- Aids in weight management: As dates help in lowering blood sugar levels, it is useful in weight management.
- Regulates blood pressure: Potassium existed in dates is essential to excrete sodium out of the body. Therefore, potassium regulates blood pressure by eliminating sodium from the body. Potassium is also needed for the heart to beat properly.
- Prevents anemia: Dates are rich in iron that is vital for the production of red blood cells. Higher red blood cell productions reduce the chances of anemia.
What are the side effects of consuming dates?
The side effects of consuming dates include:
- Weight gain: Dates, if consumed in excess, can lead to weight gain due to high caloric content. So, it is essential to consume dates in moderation.
- Kidney disease: Patients who have kidney disease should follow caution while having dates. Consult a doctor regarding the amount of potassium to be taken every day.
- Allergies: Dried dates often contain sulfites that may trigger allergies. Monitor for these symptoms after having dried dates:
- Stomach pain
- Skin rash
Payvand Company: Exporter of Dates
As one of the prominent supplier of dates and key exporter of dates in Iran, Payvand Company is proud to provide healthy and secure products for all its customers. Company Products is produced at high level of quality in the globe .